I am always getting comments on how my daughter, Natalee, and I look so much alike. I even got someone saying "Wow she looks so much like her mom that it's scary". I wasn't sure how to take that. I guess it could have gone either way. We're always butting heads....A LOT. Sometimes I don't even want to deal with her because I'm just so annoyed with her. I can't seem to figure it out. I've been trying to set those feelings aside and try to get closer to her, but it doesn't always work like that. I do admit though, that we've been better than we were before. I missed lots of opportunities to bond when she was younger. Now it's something I'm needing to make up for. It's harder than I thought it would be. She's got a mind of her own. She's always trying to be the "boss" of everyone. She tends to forget sometimes who she's talking to.
Anywho, her and I are going to have a "Girls Day Out" this Friday. I'm rewarding her for helping out so much with Elijah. She is a big help in that department; those motherly instincts kicking in. (good or bad thing?) Well, I'll have to post how that day goes.
Just so you can see, attached is a pic of me and her this last Christmas. We did pictures at the Botannic Gardens for our cards.
2 comments:
Looking forward to hearing how your Friday goes. You will have so much fun !!!
you girls do look alike have fun tomorrow!
Post a Comment