Monday, April 14, 2008

Strawberry Jam




My attempt to make strawberry jam. I heard from a couple friends that they got some strawberries from the Farmer's Market by my house for a pretty good price. I bought one flat which came out to maybe 8 lbs? I'm not sure. That sounds a lot. Well, I've been going a little "gung ho" on our food storage and wanted to make some, (even though I really don't like strawberry jam). My sister in-law gave me some last night and it was the kind you don't exactly cook and it tasted pretty good. It was fresh tasting. Well, cross my fingers and hope this comes out good. Cesar likes it so him and the kids will be eating it. I may eat some.

Well, here are the strawberries I cut and cleaned and then we have the jars it ended up in. (Not all of the strawberries, I saved some to make this dessert I found online when the Missionaries come over for dinner). Here's the link:

Ok, well, I couldn't get the link to work. So, you can go to kraftfoods.com and go to the home page. It's on there for the spring recipes. It's called "Strawberry Whipped Sensation". I'll let you know how it turns out on Thursday w/ pics and everything.

4 comments:

Peasblog said...

looks yummy! i don't can but I wish I did, the only Jam I ever make is strawberry freezer Jam LOL - sad

VNG said...

Well, this was my first time. I had some of the freezer jam from my sister in-law. It was pretty good. This one tasted ok. I hope it sets good. I wish we were closer!!! We'd be making LOTS of things!!! Especially how we eat!!

Peasblog said...

hey mama you're link for the recipe doesn't work for me

VNG said...

Hey there. I changed it and said to go to www.kraftfoods.com and just go to the home page and it should be on there. It's called Strawberry Whipped Sensation.