Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beef Jerky



So, I got my dehydrator last week and last night was when I was finally able to use it. I made some beef jerky; a recipe I got from my sis. It came out a little bland. It could have used some more seasoning, but this was my first time so I wasn't sure how much of everything I should put in it. Texture wise the jerky was good. It only took me a whole day (almost 24 hrs) to cook. I got the 5-layer tray Ronco dehydrator. It's pretty cool. I am planning on storing some beef jerky for our food storage and also other stuff. I am looking forward to making banana chips. I dislike fresh bananas, but I like banana chips and also banana bread; which I am planning on making soon.


Anyways, they look pretty good. They got a little kick to 'em.

No comments: