Thursday, June 12, 2008

Allergy/Asthma

Usually, Nate is the one having trouble with his asthma. Recently, it's been Nick. Nick usually only has problems with his allergies; but this year, he's had some pretty bad wheezing going on. I had to finally take back to his asthma/allergy specialist. Him and Nathan used to have to go weekly to get the allergy shots; but it was just taking up so much time that I just stopped taking them. Well, Nick has had to build up his immunity with all his allergens that the Dr. suggested he have a thing called "rush therapy". It's where he comes in for a couple of hours and gets shots every 15 minutes of the serum to build up to the stronger serum. I took him for his first round yesterday. He had to get 14 shots. Whew! I can't even handle one; let alone 14. Well, I also found out yesterday that he has to go through this three more times. Poor guy; he says it doesn't hurt though. His arms were turning all red w/ bumps.

No comments: