Friday, June 6, 2008

Popcorn and Train Ride Anyone?????








Today we were supposed to go swimming with a couple of friends after I got off of work; but we still had an overcast and it was pretty windy so we cancelled it. I really don't like getting into the water with an overcast and no sun. I mean, how can I tan like that??? :o)

Well, the kids were going to be upset so I decided I should probably take them somewhere fun at least. I looked up stuff to do in Fort Worth and I came across the Forest Park Miniature Railroad. I had been wanting to go ride that. So, I got home, told the kids to get dressed and told them it was a surprise.

When we got there we saw one of the little trains go by and I told them that's what we were going to do. Nick was like, "are you serious???". I was like "YEAH!". Well, he made me upset because I thought they would at least appreciate it. Nick is known to always spoil the anticipation of things because he thinks it's going to be boring and then he ends up having to do it and then he HAS fun doing it. This was one of those times. We had a pretty good time. It wasn't like the most awesome thing we've done; but it was something at least. Elijah was taking it ALL in. Once the train started going he was focused on everything. We didn't wait long. Although I got lost trying to look for the ticket booth. Anyway, it was fun.

During the 5 minute stop that the train makes, we bought some drinks and popcorn. Well, Elijah decided that one of the popcorn boxes was his and kept it in his hand the whole time back. He ate the majority of it and I thought he would definitely be letting some of that all out later today, but he hasn't.....yet. Well, he sure enjoyed it though. Here are some pics. There may be too many to choose from.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Fun! We'll have to try that out. My kids would LOVE it! Especially since Aaron is into trains these days.