I was contemplating whether I should tell this story. It makes me feel really awful and it makes me look like an "awful mother".
Anyway, I've been getting into making these bows and was starting to make the korker bows. Well, I needed to buy some dowels, which are sticks for crafts. So, I bought some and had to break them in half. I cut them up with some knives so I got somewhat of a clean cut. Anyway, Elijah was watching his Elmo DVD and playing with one of the sticks. I didn't realize he had put one in his mouth. They were pretty long sticks; longer than 12 inches. Anyway, he fell with the stick in his mouth on the end that was cut. It had some ridges but not bad ones. Because if it did, we would have been in the hospital last night. Well, he started crying and I realized he had the stick in his mouth when he fell. I took a look in his mouth and he was bleeding pretty good. It had made a small gash on the top back of his mouth. He cried for a while and this was right before I had to go pick up the kids from school. Needless to say, I cried with him and was just thinking of how much this little guy has gone through and he's only 18 mos old. I feel like such an negligent mother. He didn't eat or drink much because his mouth hurt. And this little guy LOVES to eat. He only took his paci which I'm surprised doesn't hurt him either.
Anyway, I hope he heals quickly. Does it heal quickly in the mouth????
On another note, Nic played his first football game last night. I'll post something later about all of that and pictures, too.
4 comments:
i hope he feels better soon! don't feel like a bad mom, things happen. the mouth & eye are two of the places that heal the fastest, so it should be good soon!
Poor Elijah. I know what you mean about feeling guilty, but don' t beat yourself up about it. Accidents happen=) I hope he feels better soon! I make the photo collages on my blog using www.scrapblog.com and when I'm finished I just take a screen shot of the collage and save the picture. I can show you more on Sunday if you want.
Yes, mouth sores bleed a TON but then heal rather quickly. Aaron has had a lot of mouth sores in his short life and they always bleed a ton at first. Don't feel bad though, we all have those kinds of experiences. You're a great mom!
I have also heard that the mouth is one of the places that heal fast. You are not a bad mom. Like Ashley said... things happen.
Post a Comment