Monday, April 13, 2009

If it's Not one Thing, It's Another....

Man, seems like Elijah is getting hurt every time I turn around.

The other day, he had found a Q-Tip and of course, he stuck it in his ear. I think something startled him and it was pushed in more than it should have. I heard him crying and I went to go see what was wrong and found him with the Q-Tip in his ear. I took it out and it had a little bit of blood in there, but not too much to be too alarmed. I called the Dr. anyway and they said they could see us in about 45 mins.

So, we go in and wait of course for about 30 mins before the Dr. came in. She came in, commented on how big he's gotten. She was his Dr. when he was born in the hospital. She looked in his ear and said "Yeah, there's blood in here. I can't see past it to his ear drum to see if he damaged it." I was like, great. She gave him some antibiotics and some ear drops with antibiotics, too. She said let's give it 10 days and come back. If he has damaged it, I'll send you to the ear specialists...Geez Louis!!!!

Here's the tally so far:

- fractured femur
- swallowing plastic fork
- hot soup on his leg
- I know there's more, we were talking about it yesterday and now I can't remember....Hmmmm

None of my other kiddos got this hurt. Man...he sure is a curious little guy.

No comments: