Thursday, March 20, 2008

Goals for Elijah

My husband and I are on a mission. Elijah is one now and he still doesn't sleep through the night (mostly our fault for not having a routine, and I guess it doesn't help that he sleeps in the same bed. (I know, I know, I just can't help it). So, we are starting with three goals:

1) - sleeping through the night
2) - start drinking from a sippy cup
3) - teaching words/colors/numbers

Anyone who can help w/ suggestions is more welcomed to. Please, no reprimanding needed here. :-)

2 comments:

Peasblog said...

Happy Easter you guys!
Hope he starts sleeping for you...
have you tried putting him in the crib? are his naps good and consistent during the day? that should help too. What do you define sleeping through the night as? 8 hours? or 12 hours, does he get up to nurse or just get up? we did babywise with the girls so they did the Babywise 8 hours by 8 weeks then 12 hours a night by 6 months. you might try reading that over or pick up healthy sleep habits for a happy baby...
I gave the girls sippy cups of water from 7 months on just to let them get used to it, perhaps he just needs to play around with them for a bit. If he takes bottles the nuby ones from walmart (sippy cups) are nice and soft spouted, they are a buck each I think.

natalie said...

I have the "Healthy Sleep Habits for a Happy Baby" book if you want to borrow it. It has some great info. that has worked well for us!