Early this morning I woke up to some loud thunder. My dear husband, a heavy sleeper by the way, didn't hear anything until I said, "Babe", (2x mind you), and he was like "huh?". That man is hard to wake up! He was pretty receptive after that and seeing all the lightning. At one point, we had lightning costantly for several seconds. I asked him to bring the our dog, Kyla, from outside in because she is terrified of storms. She tries to jump up on the window towards the back yard thinking it's a way in the house. She jumps pretty high.
Well, so at first it was just heavy rain, strong winds and loud thunder. Until 3:38 am, I hear the sirens. By now, the kids are already awake and Cesar was getting our hallway ready, Natalee jumps into my bed all scared, the boys try to but I tell them to go help Cesar. A few minutes later, we're in the hallway all huddled and crowded. (Elijah woke up while Natalee jumped on the bed). Luckily, no tornadoes were around us and the winds weren't as bad as we thought they were. We have lots of trees around the house and that's what always scares me when we have severe storms. Hopefully, our next house won't have too many trees.
Alls well that ends well in our neck of the woods. Texas weather for ya!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment