Today I made peppered steak,(w/ onions and mushrooms), and we also had papaya salad. If you've never had papaya salad, it consists of an unripened (green) papaya; shredded, and Thai peppers, tomatoes, garlic, lime, sugar and a little bit of sodium. Asians use a pretty good amount of msg. OH! And also fish sauce or some anchovy sauce. My husband and my cousin's husband DON'T like any of those two. So we usually have to use plain ole salt.
So, the instruction to make that a completed dish is:
There's a special little thing we use to make this in. I'm not sure what it's called. It's hmmmmm...I'm not sure what to call it. Darn it. Well, I'll have to take a picture of it later. You use it to crush the Thai peppers and the garlic. You then add the shredded papaya and you continue to add all the other ingredients. You slice up the tomatoes into thin slices and then you squeeze about half a lime into it. You start mixing it all together and you pretty much add whatever else needs to be added for taste. Yum!!!
Well, here's pics of the finished product.
Ah hah!!! My sister told me that the thing we use is called a mortar and a pestle!!!!
2 comments:
looks yummy, divine
it's a mortar and a pestle :-)
WOW! Im going through here and it looks like you are a real cook! :) I love to cook as well. I am also the type of person who doesnt really measure it out unless I absolutely have to. Haha! I REALLY love to bake, too. Hope you are having a great week!
Post a Comment