Monday, April 21, 2008

Biscuits and Gravy!!!

Well, last night after coming home from choir practice and meeting up w/ the kids at th park; I was craving some biscuits and gravy. I knew I had biscuits in the fridge but I wasn't sure if I had gravy. Well, come to find out, I didn't have any gravy. So I looked up some recipes for gravy and they all seemed pretty easy. It calls for:

2 tbsp of fat (from cooked meat)
2 tbsp of flour
1 cup of either of the following - cream, milk, water or broth
spices - garlic and onion powder, pepper, salt and any herbs

I had some sausage in the freezer so I defrosted it in the microwave. Well, I think I over-defrosted it. It kind of cooked a little bit. So, I cooked the meat and there really was not much fat in it. So, I took a little bit of the fat in it and put it in another pot. I added some vegetable oil to it. I heated it up and added the flour and let it brown and bubble like it called for. Then I added the spices and some of the cooked sausage. I didn't add all of it yet because I didn't know how it tasted. Well, low and behold...it turned out great! I amazed myself. I'm serious! You should ask Cesar. I kept saying it over and over. Anyway, so I added the rest of the sausage and it got too thick. So, I added water and then ended up having to add more flour as well.

All in all, we had biscuits w/ sausage gravy for a later dinner and the left over meat we had from our cookout w/ some friends and family on Saturday.

Yum!

No comments: