Saturday, April 5, 2008

Kodak Moment w/out the Picture



Last night, which was Friday, 04.04.08, my son, Nic, danced with a girl!!!!!!!!!!!! We went to a friend's wedding reception which happened to be where Cesar and I got married. It was kind of nice to go back. It was different as well. Our friend Claire, which is Caucasian and her now husband, Danny, is Vietnamese. It looked like just our wedding, except instead of Mexicans and Asians, they had Asians and Caucasians. It was funny. Anyway, so there was a slow song that came on. All of Nick's friends were going dancing and he was the only one. He was "peer pressured" shall we say, to go and ask this girl to dance. So, I saw him walking over to her and I assumed he was asking her. I was like, "What?!?!? is he actually doing that?" I was so shocked. So, next thing I know, he is walking out to the dance floor with her and they start dancing. I guess that's what they would do on the dance floor, huh? Anyway, so I go and grab my camera and I try to sneak up behind someone so he wouldn't notice me, and I start trying to snap pictures. It wouldn't take any. Then I realized that it didn't have the memory card inside. Uuughhhhhh!!! I tell Cesar and he is a little frustrated about it. I asked him to hurry and go get my purse in the car because that's where all my memory was. The reason for that is because I was downloading stuff from the cards in the flash drive and I didn't put it back. Gosh!!! So, by the time Cesar comes back, the song is over!!!! Darn it! I was so mad at myself...Hopefully, I've learned my lesson.

The reason I act so shocked about this whole situation of him asking a girl, let alone dancing of all things is because he's been such a sheltered guy, never wants to talk to anyone. You'd have to know him like Cesar and I do. It was such a moment I tell ya. My boy is growing up FAST! He's almost as tall as me. :-(

I have a picture of me and the boys. Nick looks kind of funky here. He's making some kind of face.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved your story about Nic at the wedding reception---Ace went up to Danny and asked him to find him a girl to dance with---cracked us up! she was one of Danny's cousins---way older than ace! these are fun times to watch as the boys grow up.