Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad



Today was such a great morning and afternoon. My sister in-law, Alma, and I went to the cannery and we got lots of food for our food storage. We went to Olive Garden for lunch and had the soup, salad and breadsticks and we were so stuffed! It was awesome. We were proud of our accomplishments for the day. Then my air conditioner in the car stopped working....Again!
Well, my air conditioner hadn't been working for a couple of weeks now. I took it in and they said it was just the relay. So we exchanged that out and it worked fine. The next day it stopped working again. So, I called them and took it back. It wasn't the relay this time. It was another high pressure switch of some sort. Well, they told me that they would order me the part I needed and let me know. In the meantime, he jumped it somehow and it was working good for a while until today! When I had to go pick up the kids. Anyways, I was all occupied w/ that because I had to go back and get the part that had come in.
So, I went to pick up Natalee first and then boys. I was going to go to the air conditioner people after I did that. Elijah was being pretty patient; even though he was sweating. As I am getting the boys, they all start running towards the car because they want to sit shotgun. Well, Nathan gets in the front, Nick, I thought, got in the back seat. I thought I heard him shut the door and so I start taking off. The ground is all uneven at the school. Well, as I'm taking off, I hear Nick yelling, "Aghghhghh, Mom, Mom". I was like what, and then I see him out of the car on the ground. I said "What's wrong" and he was yelling like he was in pain. SO, I thought I ran over his had or something somehow. I asked him if I needed to go foward or backward. He said forward. So, I do and then I asked him if he needed me to go more and he said yes. SO, I put the car in park and go out to see what had happened. As I get to him, I see his leg had tire marks on it and it was getting swollen. I found out that when I went forward the first time, the whole tire was on top of his leg for at least a few seconds. Oh my gosh! I said, Nick, what happened? I thought you were in the car! I felt so bad and didn't know what to do. I was like, I guess we're going to the ER. Nathan tells me, "Look what you did, Mom!" I immediately yelled at Nathan for saying that to me. As if I didn't feel bad enough. After I calmed down, I apologized to him. I thought for sure his leg was broken or fractured at least. He couldn't move so I helped him in the car. As I'm driving home, I had to go back to get Elijah's diaper bag and stuff to go leave him with my grandma, I started crying and I told Nick I was soooooooooo sorry. He was in too much pain to say anything. I think by the end of the day, I said "sorry" to him like 20 times. He said, "It's ok Mom, you said it a lot already." I feel like such an awful and irresponsible parent.

To make this shorter, he was in pretty good spirits considering. He was even smiling a little. We were so blessed to find out that nothing was broken or fractured! I mean, can you believe it? This SUV of mine weighs at least almost a ton and the tire was on him for a good few seconds. What a miracle this turned out to be. I will have pictures of him in his splint later. He's been awesome. I love that kid!

3 comments:

Peasblog said...

OH my goodness poor kid! I will be praying for him. accidents happen when you're in a hurry, you're not the first and won't be the last! don't feel guilty just move on and take care of him! I am surprised you dropped Eli off first though since Nick was in so much pain... scary so sorry about the accident

Peasblog said...

hey was thinking about you guys tonight hope you are all better and that you aren't making yourself feel too bad! love you guys

Amy said...

Ahhh...poor Nick :-( How is he feeling? How are you?