Monday, August 18, 2008

Elijah Updates and Thoughts

So, my little booga bears started saying "uh oh" this week. He had been trying to say it but this week has been better at it. I also have been saying stuff like " Gotta go potty, Oopsy" over and over for him to hear. Well, on Saturday morning, he woke up before we did and when I finally got up, I was singing, "Gotta go potty, Oopsy" and then after a few times, I finished up the "Gotta go potty" part and just waited and he said "Oopsy". I was like, "Awe he is sooooo cute!". Not biased or anything by the way. Lol

He's getting so big and I am just so amazed at how much I love this little man of mine. I know it sounds silly. I have three other kids. But it's just so different with Elijah. I KNOW how to love this little guy. I didn't know how to appreciate my other kids until it was too late. I mean until we recently had the gospel in our lives it felt as if we weren't really connecting as a family. I just can't stop giving credit to that. I'm sure you'll hear me say that A LOT more in this blog. But it's all true. Family is a central part in our lives now. Our children are more aware of that, too. I think they feel that love we have now. Not that there wasn't love before, but we know how to show it to them now. I hope they always remember that and that they will strive to make the right decisions for themselves.

Anyway, that's my ramble for the day. Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

cesar said...

I LOVE THAT LITTLE GUY TOO!! How in the world did we ever survive w/o him?? LOL! He has brought our family closer than ever.. Thanks to Heavenly Father for families and His teachings and for babies.. :)

~Love your faithful honeybee,

Cesar

natalie said...

Oh, my gosh. . . Cesar says "honeybee" too! Simon uses that affectionate word too sometimes when referring to himself or me. Those two brother's are quite a pair!

We love Elijah too and all your kids. Yall have great kids! We're glad to be family :-)