Saturday, August 16, 2008

Locked Out of the House, Shopping and Turtle Rescue!!!!!!

Wow! What a title!

Well, I guess on to the story. Let's begin with "locked out of the house" So, after work, I decided to go buy some things for the kids' back to school clothes at Kohl's. I wanted to beat some of the crowd before it got worse later in the day. Anyway, I get a call from this number that I didn't recognize while I was checking out. I usually don't pick it up if I don't know who it is. I figure if it's important they'll leave me a message. Well, my voice mail alert went off so I listened to it. Well, I hear my grandma shouting, "Are you coming home? Elijah locked me out of the backyard and he's in the house by himself." I'm like, oh great. My grandma usually cooks A LOT and she has things on the floor like knives and bowls and stuff. So, all these things were going in my head on the drive home like, "what if she forgot a knife on the floor and Elijah gets it". But I tried to not think the worse. I didn't have a key so I was wondering what I could do when I get there. So, she called me again and asked me to call either my brother or uncle because they had keys. So, I was able to get a hold of my brother and he came to open the door before I got there. When I arrived, I found the living room with a big mess by the back door (by the way, the back door has one of those lever thingys to lock where you just slide up or down), and then I found my grandma holding a little boy who had obviously been crying. I was so sad when I saw him. She felt bad so she was holding on to him for a while and wouldn't let go. I finally had to just reach out my arms to him and he came to me. It was way past his nap time so he was tired. All in all, no knives were on the ground and he was ok. Little booger! It's funny now.

Shopping! Ah....tax free weekend. We went shopping again later and boy I tell ya....I DO NOT LIKE SHOPPING WITH MY HUSBAND! That's all I'll say.
Well, later went to our favorite Chinese restaurant. It's one of those little whole in the wall places, but boy it's the best food. At least we think so. I like the other buffet places but this one is the best. It's called Sun-Sun Chinese Restaurant and I've been going there since I was like 9 from what I remember. My family and I used to go every Sunday right when they open for fresh food. Yum...
But on the way there, we saw a turtle on the road. We had to stop and rescue him before he got crushed. The first time we stopped, the kids picked him/her up carefull and put him on the side where there was grass. Then when we took off, the boys were like we should put him on the other side where there is water. Cesar was like nah...he's not a water turtle. Were his/her feet webbed and the kids were like Yes! So, then we drove back, tried to get him again because he was headed towards the road again. Nick tried to get him and he ran into the bushes. Nick ran after him and luckily we had a box in the back of the truck. We put him in the box, went up the dirt road and then placed him in a safe place. We all felt good after that... Lol
Here's a pic I took with my phone.

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

yay! you saved the turtle!!! we always do stuff like that, it makes me feel good :) we usually end up just taking the animal home though. lol