Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flu and Strep

Wow!!! Two weeks ago, Nic and Natalee were sick. I wasn't sure what they had but they got over it and missed one day of school.

Last Friday, Elijah started having a fever. I didn't think much of it. I thought he'd get over it by the next day. But, he didn't. He started a cough on Saturday and on again off again fever. He started losing his appetite later in the day. I still didn't think anything of it. Sunday, we thought ok, he might need to go to the doctor. I wasn't sure what we needed to do. He needed more motrin; so I was thinking to go buy some of that and we'll see how he does the rest of the day. But Cesar thought we needed to take him but I'd be the one taking him and he'd have to go to church. I really didn't want to go by myself. Cesar was working on his lesson for church outside and I thought, ok, I'll just go buy some motrin first. Cesar thought I should pray about it. I kind of dislike it when he tells me to; but it seems I NEED him to tell me this before I do actually do this. (I don't know why...pride it seems; I've just now realized that as I'm typing....Hmmmmm...not good).

Anyway, so I go and say a prayer. I asked what it is I need to do. Of course, I didn't expect to get an answer right away. So, I went to CVS for some motrin. As I'm looking for motrin and some throat popsicles for children; a thought comes to my mind, "Ask the Pharmacist". So, I go over to ask the pharmacist. I tell her symptoms and ask her what I should buy for it. She says, "How old is he?" I tell her and she says I should take him in. A fever combined with a cough, you don't know what it could be. But it could be bad. There was my answer. :-). So, I get home, leave the car on, Cesar's on the porch finishing his lesson, and he says you're going to take him? So, I told him what happened and he said he'd go with me and then just go to church straight from there since the church was a few blocks from the hospital. I told him to just meet me there. So, I left.

So, as you can tell by the title, we went to North Richland Hills Hospital, had some tests done, (BTW - Dr. thought he had RSV, thank goodness he didn't). So a chest x-ray, a strep test, two nose tests later, they say he has Flu B and strep. They gave him a shot for strep and he's on penicilling and tami flu. He DOES NOT like it at all! Poor little guy. He's felling better now. Getting his strength and appetite back.

Thanks to all for the prayers!!!

1 comment:

natalie said...

poor kiddoe!! I hope he's feeling better!!