Well, Christmas Eve, Eve, we went and drove around to see Christmas lights. Here are a few pictures of our favorites.
For Christmas Eve, we went to my SIL's house, Claudia, in Rowlett. The drive was a bit scary, since I drove! We got there in about an hour. We had lunch around 1:30. We had tamales, green chile, rice, beans, chips and salsa and some strawberry lemonade punch. I didn't get to take a picture of the food! Too hungry! Here are some of the decor tho!
Then, we relaxed a bit until Honeybear's other sister could make it out from Cleburne since she had to work. The girls made gingerbread houses, the adults watched Transformers.

There was also a bit of dancing going around.
Then, we all had dinner again with added enchiladas. Yummo! We were all so stuffed!
Now, on with our dessert contest. Claudia said we should all bring a dessert to enter and there would be prizes for presentation and for taste. Here were the contestants.
Claudia's "Strawberry/Pineapple Tart"
My "Messy Cake Layers"
Alma's "Put the Lime in the Coconut" bars.
Mine won presentation and Alma's won taste. But it was really close between Claudia and Alma for taste.
We also sung carols and had the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. We must never forget that Christmas is all about rememebering Him. Without our Savior, we wouldn't have the chance to go back to be with our Father in Heaven.

Lastly, we all did presents and the kids enjoyed it. I won't post it all. But I will post this last pic of all the kids we got.
Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday and that we will always keep the Savior in our hearts.
Blessings to everyone for the New Year to come.
1 comment:
I love stairwell pictures...they are so warm and friendly...the picture of Mary Joseph and Jesus is awesome...thanks for the update...
Post a Comment