Anyway, I've been on Facebook more with updates, so if you keep up to date with that, then you know most of what's going on with our family.
Thanksgiving, all of DH's family went their separate ways to their in-laws, so we didn't have anyone to spend it with, until the Aydelotts, a family in our ward whom we are very close to, invited us to spend it with them. We had a big shindig at the church in the Cultural Hall. It was fun! We had LOTS of food and some boot-scootin, which I didn't do...:-)
I didn't take too many pics. Here is Elijah drawing with Corrine, a friend of mine's daughter, and Kelsey.
I only took one picture of the peeps, and it wasn't even all of them. I was really slacking in the photo department.
The next day, we took the kids out to eat at one of favorite restaurants, Sun-Sun Chinese Restaurant. It's a little hole in the wall place; those are the BEST! I had been going there since I was like 8 or 9 yrs old. I looked forward to Sundays because we would get up around 10-ish and then go to the restaurant by the time it opened up and get fresh food. Anyways, it is a really good place and I've introduced the kids and DH to it. They LOVE it!
We then went to Downtown Fort Worth to the Water Gardens and took some pictures. I placed some on Facebook, but will put some on here, too.
What I'm grateful for this year...
I am grateful for a husband who is doing all he can to provide for his family; even though he realizes the risks it will do to his family. I am grateful for becoming more patient and supportive, because my DH really needs it right now. I am grateful for my children, regardless of the trials that come with them... :-). Who are we if we don't learn from our trials? I am grateful for income, the roof over my head, (so I need to stop complaining about wanting a new house), food, heat and most importantly, the gospel. Even though I am still not where I want to be when it comes to that, I know my testimony AND that without the church and scriptures being in our lives, my family would be far from what it is today. I love my Heavenly Father and I hope that my relationship, wait no, not hope, I will make my relationship with Him stronger and do the best I can to become a better person.
That's that...
We had our ward Christmas dinner tonight, but I'll update that later. Again, I didn't take too many pics.
Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment