Well, it has been a year almost to the day since I've updated our blog. I really need to start getting better at this. I know everytime I get back on I say I will, but I seriously need to.
Just last week, Nic and I flew out to Rexburg, ID to drop him off to BYUI. It was bittersweet. I was glad for this next chapter in our family's story, but being up there with him just made me realize how much my family really meant to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my family, but there are things you realize more when you're away from it all. As parents, we wait for this day to come and when it finally does, there are mixed emotions all over the place. I was ready for him to begin his independence. I know that now, he will always be gone more than he would be back home. Who knows if he will find someone or move out and be on his own, either way, he will forever be my first born and I am very proud of him for the choices he has made.
A couple of days before we flew out, I asked a photog friend of mine to do what may or may not be our last family picture together.
Here are some pictures I took of us in Idaho. Here he is signing in to get his keys.
Getting to the apartment/dorm and seeing inside for the first time.
Loading up and taking luggage.
Us before boarding our first plane. I was so tired. We left at 3:30 in the morning.
We got him all registered and moved in. I've been talking to him almost everyday, he texts or calls. It's also nice to have FaceTime, too. He gets to see his brothers and sister and what everyone is up to.
Oh!! I forgot to mention that he is studying paramedicine, (to become a paramedic) and maybe go on to do fire fighter school.






No comments:
Post a Comment