We're still here...I just haven't updated in a while. We've been so busy.
This past Friday we went swimming again at the Central Aquatic Center w/ my sister in-law, her kiddos and a friend from church and her son, Boston. Elijah and Boston don't quite know each other too well yet, but it looked like they wanted to play with each other. It was cute. It was fun chasing Elijah back and forth from the kiddie pool and the big pool. He liked being in both areas. The kiddie area was colder than the bigger pool. I didn't want to go to that side too much. Elijah is getting braver in the water. I let him walk in the water by himself a lot this time and he fell a couple of times and gulped some water and came back up laughing and coughing. I'm glad he's not afraid of the water too much. I would like to put him in some swimming classes. Can't afford it right now. I wish I knew what I could do to teach him right now. I want him to be confident with the water.
Saturday, we went SWIMMING again! One of the families from our ward had a baby daughter that needed a liver transplant to survive and it was her one year anniversary. She's an absolute miracle! She went through so much and survived. They were doing a swim/blanket party. They were donating the blankets to the Children's hospital for the babies. They have a HUGE above ground pool. It was awesome. We ate hotdogs and chips.
Sunday, we went to church and then had a little cookout w/ another member and his girlfriend. I took briskets and porkchops and we had fried rice, sticky rice and other sides. It was a nice day!
That's pretty much it. We have another packed week and weekend! My sister in-law is getting married on Saturday and I am her coordinator! What did I get myself into????? We'll see how all this pans out.
1 comment:
I used to teach swimming lessons and still have the instructor manual for "Mom & Tot" swim classes. If you are serious about teaching Elijah, you are more than welcome to borrow it. It should give you some ideas.
-Kim
Post a Comment