
She's the favorite out of our last litter. She has such an awesome behavior and attitude. My mom wanted one so she picked her and gave us $100 for it because we could have sold her for $500.
Anyway, I came home on Friday to a foul smell. I was so disgusted. When I get home, the puppies are usually ready to get out of the little area they are in and go outside. They get really excited and all. Well, Ellie was not excited. She just kind of laid there. I figured she had diarrhea on the floor. It was so gross you cannot imagine. Well, I let them out, cleaned up the mess and CLOROXED the whole area. I didn't really think anything of it. I just thought she was sick. Well, she didn't eat the rest of Friday. I called the Vet earlier in the day and asked them about it. The nurse told me I should give her some pedialyte and some pepto and see if she gets better. If she didn't get better, then she suggested that I bring her in. She said there had been a lot of parvo.( if you don't know about parvo, you should read about it). They would be open from 8-12 on Saturday. I wasn't able to give her pepto cuz we didn't have any. So, I gave her some pedialyte. She kept it down a little. Saturday, she wasn't any better. We had so much going on Saturday, we didn't even think about taking her. Well, that night, she wasn't looking good at all. We were thinking about taking her in the morning, but I made the decision of having to take her right then. It was already 11 pm. I called around and found an ER for animals in Euless. (We had gone through this once already with a puppy that Cesar bought a several years ago...we treated him and it cost us almost $600. Then, we had another puppy a few years ago and we ended up putting her down because she was beyond saving). Cesar had already kind of mad up his mind. He wasn't about to spend a lot of $$ again. Which I understood. I just didn't want to have to make that decision. Well, we got there, they did a parvo test and it was positive. Cesar waited in the car while we went in because Elijah was asleep. I came out to talk to him, I kind if new his decision. They told us it was going to cost us $1700 to do an aggressive treatment. I knew he wouldnt' go for that. We couldn't go for that. They gave us another option to treat her as an out-patient status, but the odds were 50/50for survival. I told Cesar in the car, I know what you are deciding. We prayed about it. He asked me what I thought. I told him, if you would only see her, she still has hopes in her eyes. I could see it. But he said he didn't want to see her. He would see her after he made his decision. But she had some strength, not much, but enough to make her get up and look around a little bit. I wasn't ready to end her life. How can I decide that? How could we decide that? If she was suffering terribly, then I would understand the decision; but she wasn't. There was still some light in her eyes to me. So, Cesar finally went down, I knew what he was going to tell them. I was trying to come to terms with that. 45 minutes later, he came out with her in the box. She perked her head up and I was so surprised. I had actually put in my head that she was gone. But, he said he had decided to see her, and he said he saw it too. And he said if she wasn't so well mannered and such a good girl, she deserved to try again. We didn't do the aggressive treatment. We took the alternative out-patient treatment. So, they filled her up with some fluids, gave her a shot to stop the nausea and gave us some medication to take home. She's got a little more energy, but not her appetite back. So, we'll see how this turns out. I hope she pulls through. I know it's silly to ask for prayers for her, but if you can spare it, please keep her in your prayers. I'm sorry this was so long. I'll keep y'all posted on the blog.
2 comments:
It's not silly to ask for prayers for her! Sorry yall had to go through all of that! I hope she recovers soon!
oh vipha, my heart hurts for her. it is not silly to ask for prayers for animals. daniel's mom's puppy had parvo, & he is doing great now, so i pray she will pull through.
Post a Comment